This Qualification is for any individual who is or wishes to be involved in the Administration function within any industry, or non-commercial venture/organisation. The qualification will enable the learner to meet standards of service excellence required within the administration field of learning, through building day-to-day administration skills as well as general operational skills. It will provide the broad knowledge; skills and values needed in the administration field for all business. The National Certificate in Business Administration Services: Level 4 is ideal for learners who have worked in Administration for many years, but have no formal qualifications in their area of expertise; learners who have recently taken up a position in administration or have not yet acquired the skills and competencies required for learning in administration at NQF level 5.
Qualification: FETC: Business Administration Services
Learning Programme: Business Administration Services
- NQF Level: 4
- Credits: 146
- Duration: 18 months
- Only applicable to learners who do not have Grade 12 numeracy i.e. learners who have matric maths will be exempt from doing this module. The subject “Numeric Literacy” at Grade 12 does not exempt learners from this module.
Module 1 – Administration Processes
- Have knowledge of the procedures for stock and fixed asset control
- Develop Administrative systems together with other employees
- Improve organisational effectiveness
Module 2 – Information and Communication
- Present information that is routinely and regularly required, as well as specific information that is requested from time-to-time
Module 3 – Work in an office
- Manage service providers
- Be an effective employee in the Administrative section of an organisation
- Be aware of how fraud can be present in an office environment and assisting in its control
- Display Cultural awareness in dealing with customers and colleagues and utilising the differences in a positive way to enhance the effectiveness and image of the organisation.
Module 4 – Problem solving and admin
- Identify and solve work related problems together with others in the section
Module 5 – Working in a team
- Be an effective member of a team
- Become a knowledge worker
Module 6 – Fundamentals in Mathematics