A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen. The scope of generic management covers the following five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management. This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, so that it allows the learning programme to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries.
National Certificate: Generic Management (SAQA ID: 59201)
Managers who have junior managers or team leaders reporting to them
Communication at NQF L4 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF L4
At the end of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• ID 10045: Identify product features, advantages and benefits to the customer.
• ID 10047: Close a deal with a customer.
• ID 10070: Develop and implement marketing plan in line with marketing strategy.
• ID 10048: Identify brand mix elements.
• ID 10052: Monitor handling of customer by frontline customer service.
• ID 10053: Manage customer requirements and needs and implement action plans.
• ID 10054: Identify and manage areas of customer service impact.
• ID 10066: Establish customer needs and relationships.
• ID 10067: Develop customer needs and relationships.
• ID 15214: Recognize areas in need of change make recommendations and implement change in the team,
department or division.
• ID 15219: Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for a team, department or division.