A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen. The scope of generic management covers the following five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management. This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, so that it allows the learning programme to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries.
National Certificate: Generic Management (SAQA ID: 59201)
Managers who have junior managers or team leaders reporting to them
Communication at NQF L4 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF L4
At the end of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• ID 252030: Analyse compliance to legal requirements and recommend corrective actions.
• ID 252041: Promote a learning culture in an organisation.
• ID 114212: Explain the impact of organisational wellness on a business environment and indicate a strategy
for a business unit.
• ID 12140: Recruit and select candidates to fill defined positions.
• ID 12761: Demonstrate an understanding of macroeconomic principles as they apply to the South African
• ID 252024: Evaluate current practices against best practice.
• ID 252033: Develop ways of dealing with the impact of dreaded diseases and in particular HIV/AIDS.
• ID 252039: Develop a plan to combat corruption.
• ID 10048: Identify brand mix elements.
• ID 114226: Interpret and manage conflicts in the workplace.
• ID 252031: Apply the principles and concepts of emotional intelligence to the management of self and others.
• ID 117853: Conduct negotiations to deal with conflict situations.
• ID 15230: Monitor team members and measure effectiveness of performance.
• ID 264408: Manage and improve communication processes in a function.
• ID 15224: Empower team members through recognising strengths, encouraging participation in decision
making and delegating tasks.
• ID 15214: Recognize areas in need of change make recommendations and implement change in the team,
department or division.
• ID 15219: Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for a team, department or division.
• ID 15236: Apply financial analysis.