The Certificate in Small Business Financial Management specifically designed for those learners who are already, or those who wish to become, owner-managers or those who are responsible for the keeping of the financial records, of a small business.
THE QUALIFICATION MEETS THE NEEDS OF THE FOLLOWING LEARNERS
• Those who are new to financial management and who wish to acquire the essential skills and knowledge required to perform the key financial tasks involved in operating a small business.
• Those who already employed in record-keeping, financial management or allied roles in a small business and who wish to ensure that they have a firm foundation to perform financial management tasks.
• Those who have performed financial management and financial record-keeping for a long time but who have no formal Qualification which acknowledges their knowledge, skills and expertise.
• Those who denied access to formal education and who wish to gain a Qualification in financial management related to small businesses.
The Qualification will be of value to the learner who wishes to study further in the field of Business Planning/Development or Accounting. The knowledge and skills in the National Certificate in Small Business Financial Management: Level 4 underpin the learning at higher levels with a thorough grounding in the fundamental knowledge, understanding and skills associated with the record-keeping and financial management required for operating a small business.
THE QUALIFYING LEARNER WILL HAVE
• An understanding of fundamental, financial management activities.
• The skills required to perform the routine, financial record-keeping tasks in a small business.
• The skills required to perform a range of key financial management tasks.
• An understanding of the importance of accuracy in performing financial record-keeping and management tasks.
• Communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with clients, service providers and other staff members.
• Mathematical literacy skills required to perform the calculations required for effective financial management
Aspiring entrepreneurs, self-employed
1. Entrepreneurship -1
2. Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
3. Business Literacy
Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent, you must be at least 16 years old