THE PURPOSE OF THIS QUALIFICATION IS TO:
• Provide the learner with the knowledge, understanding, skills and experience to become a Financial Accountant. This will aid individual development and enhance the employment prospects of the learner, as well as aiding social transformation through the formal acknowledgement of competencies, skills and knowledge.
• Prepare the learner to work in the Financial Accounting field and develop a specialist accounting and management career, either within South Africa or in other countries around the world. The learner will have the necessary knowledge, skills and insights to operate at a second or third level in Financial Accounting in a large organisation or assume full responsibility for the function in a smaller organisation.
• Provide the learner with a developmental experience, which promotes independence and self-reliance and encourages the adoption of a critical, questioning approach, analyzing, and challenging the truth and value of received wisdom.
• Provide employers and others with an adequate basis for assuring that those learners gaining the Qualification are competent to act as Financial Accountants for companies and other organisations, whether in manufacturing, commercial or service organisations, in either the public or private sectors of the South African economy.
• Provide companies and other organisations, with skilled Financial Accounting staff, who are able to make a positive contribution to the development of business and society, adding value and assisting in the creation of sustainable economic growth, both for their employers and the economy of South Africa.
Cost Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Accountant, Financial Director.
1. Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
2. Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
3. Computerized Bookkeeping
4. Business Literacy
5. Financial Statements
6. Cost and Management Accounting
7. Income Tax
8. Business Law and Accounting Control
9. Corporate Strategy
10. Management Accounting Control Systems
11. Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frame Works
12. Research Theory and Practice
NSC or Any CERTIFICATE AT NQF LEVEL 4 -5