A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen. The scope of generic management covers the following five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management. This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, so that it allows the learning programme to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries.
National Certificate: Generic Management (SAQA ID: 59201)
Managers who have junior managers or team leaders reporting to them
Communication at NQF L4 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF L4
At the end of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• ID 11911: Manage individual careers.
• ID 15219: Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for a team, department or division.
• ID 15220: Set, monitor and measure the achievement of goals and objectives for a team, department or
division within an organisation.
• ID 15232: Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation.
• ID 116926: Implement skills development as workplace learning to support organisational transformation.
• ID 252041: Promote a learning culture in an organisation.