A person acquiring this qualification will be able to manage first line managers in an organisational entity. First line managers may include team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen. The scope of generic management covers the following five domains: leadership, managing the environment, managing relations, managing knowledge and the practice of management. This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, so that it allows the learning programme to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries.
National Certificate: Generic Management (SAQA ID: 59201)
Managers who have junior managers or team leaders reporting to them
Communication at NQF L4 and Mathematical Literacy at NQF L4
At the end of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• ID 264395: Formulate a strategy and an implementation plan for a function.
• ID 264398: Evaluate and plan the role of self as leader in a function.
• ID 264400: Apply the principles of corporate governance and ethics in a function.
• ID 264403: Apply problem-solving techniques to make decisions on a multi-faceted problem.
• ID 264405: Manage relationships with strategic partners to improve the performance of a function.
• ID 264406: Manage the information and institutional knowledge within a function.
• ID 264407: Analyse the strategy and external environment of the entity in relation to a function.
• ID 264408: Manage and improve communication processes in a function.
• ID 264409: Use negotiation in multi-faceted situations to achieve the objectives of a function.
• ID 264416: Appraise, develop and retain human capital for a function.
• ID 15214: Recognize areas in need of change make recommendations and implement change in the team,
department or division.
• ID 15219: Develop and implement a strategy and action plans for a team, department or division.
• ID 15236: Apply financial analysis