Felix Risk Training Consultants (FRTC) was started in August 2008 and is fully accredited with BANKSETA, INSETA, QCTO, the Compliance Institute Southern Africa (CISA) & the Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA).
Felix Risk Training Consultants (FRTC) is fully accredited with BANKSETA & the Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA). Our programmes focus on niche areas of core banking, banking administration, treasury and credit risk management.
FRTC provides training by means of specialised initiatives, learnerships and internship programmes. We provide various short skills programmes to government and private companies.
FRTC is based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, serving clients nationwide. FRTC has established a national footprint and academic partners in nine provinces namely Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, East London, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Nelspruit, Mpumalanga. Felix Risk Training Consultants supports contact, online, and blended training initiatives.
FRTC programmes focus on the niche areas of finance, banking and risk management. It provides training by means of specialised initiatives, learnerships and internship programmes. There is a big demand for BANKSETA qualifications by FRTC’s graduates, existing students and corporate clients, in the quest of growing and responding to the needs of value-based skills in the financial and business sector. Hence, more than 5100 students have graduated with BANKSETA, INSETA and QCTO programmes, of which approximately 65% are women and all learners are employed within the sector.
We believe that education is for everyone
We aim to provide training services that are of high-quality standards and which meet the needs and expectations of our clients, thereby opening opportunities for mutual growth and prosperity of all stakeholders.
Felix Risk Training Consultants B-BBEE Status
B-BBEE Recognition : Level 1 contributor to BBBEE
BEE Procurement Recognition Level : 135%
Black Ownership : 100%
Black Women Ownership : 100%
Empowering Supplier : Yes
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Felix Risk Training Consultants. As a forward-looking institution, we are committed to promoting transformation and guaranteeing the sustainability of our institution by striving for excellence in all we do, with a proud tradition of academic excellence in the Banking Sector, FRTC is currently engaged in applications for Higher Education qualifications across the board. As such, we look forward to welcoming talented, motivated students to our institution who will not only take FRTC forward, but also our society and the organisations they work for. Our aim is to prepare future leaders who can help improve our society.
As part of continuous improvement and evolvement, it became necessary to change and enhance our vision and mission statements. FRTC’s vision is to be best-in-class and the preferred provider in the Business, Finance and Banking Industries in South Africa. This is achieved by:
I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our institution and I wish you every success in your academic career.
According to its mission statement, “[I]n the belief that education is for everyone, the mission of FRTC is to design and provide superior and accessible quality and values-based where, as part of lifelong learning, is recommended by our graduates and endorsed by our corporate clients seeking long-term returns on investment.”
In pursuit of this mission, FRTC:
- Allocates its resources to the pursuit of quality, equity and excellence in empowering people by providing opportunities to advance their careers and to reskill, develop and formalize their management competences;
- Caters for the education and training needs of all South African society specifically young Black rural women by providing quality SETA accredited programmes;
- Offers quality financial education and training programmes to allow graduates to compete in the marketplace, transfer skills and develop an entrepreneurial spirit in South Africa;
- Serves the South African economy through academic and training programmes responsive to the unique needs of its people and their goals;
- Benchmarks its learning and teaching against leading national and international higher education practice;
- Maintains a quality of service that maximisers the realization of student potential (including attention to the graduate attributes), both in the private and public sectors, by responding to the changing needs of the labour market and aligned to the “thuma mina” call by government leadership;
- Contributes to the national transformation process of further education and higher education in Southern Africa;
- Promotes opportunity, equality and social justice irrespective of race, colour, creed or gender.
Felix Risk Training Consultants has identified the following as its core values:
- Social and economic transformation.
- Delivering high-quality education.
- Fostering lifelong learning.
- High standard of integrity and ethics.
- Respectful and people-centred.
In line with the vision, the priorities are to:
- Offer quality education programmes is responsive to social and economic justice imperatives and to market needs
- Establish a fit-for-purpose and service-oriented institution
- Support sustainable environment good practice
The mission statement of the Institution aims at translating its vision into action by:
- Facilitating a stimulating academic environment of lifelong learning, teaching and continuous research through quality improvements in a dynamic environment
- Providing a foundation of skills, knowledge and versatility that will last a lifetime, despite a changing environment
Studying at FRTC will ensure that you engage with experts in their fields who incorporate the latest scholarly work, teaching methods and practical experience into their courses. You are advised to study this prospectus very carefully before making your choice. This prospectus tells you about what FRTC has to offer you as a student, and includes information about admissions, undergraduate requirements, and career options of the various programmes.
Accreditation and Registration
Felix Risk Training Consultants is accredited with:
- BANKSETA - Primary Accreditation number: 557062
- INSETA – Full Secondary Accreditation number: MOU 130225
- QCTO - Accreditation number: QCTO: SD1223/16/0042
And endorsed by:
- The Compliance Institute of Southern Africa (CISA)
- The Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA).
Felix Risk Training Consultants has been accredited to conduct the assessments for the following QCTO qualifications:
- Insurance Agent: Insurance Underwriter NQF Level 5 (SAQA ID 91784)
- Insurance Administration: Claims Assessor NQF Level 4 (SAQA ID 99668)
- Financial Advisor NQFL Level 6 (SAQA ID105026)
Felix Risk Training Consultants CC is provisionally registered as a private college with the Department of Higher Education and Training under the Continuing Education and Training Act, No. 16 of 2006, Registration Number: 2017/FE07/004.
Awards & Achievements
2019 – Top Empowerment Awards 2019
Certificate of Excellence in recognition of their Commitment to Transformation for the year 2020
2016 – Shanduka Black Umbrella’s Enterprise Development Awards 2016
Best Performing Company
2015 – BANKSETA Skills @ Work Awards
Celebrating Good Practice in Skills Development
2012 – BANKSETA Skills @ Work Awards
Celebrating Good Practice in Skills Development