- Occupational Certificate: Organisational Risk Practitioner (SAQA ID: 94222)
- NQF Level: 6
- Credits: 125
- Duration: 12 months (including start-up & close-off)
Who will benefit from this qualification?
This qualification will prepare a learner to be able to manage risk management plans and assist Risk Officers by undertaking or facilitating activities related to the implementation of risk management plans, for managing risk in an organisation.
What skills needs will the qualification address?
Learners will be introduced to key risk management concepts, processes, the regulatory risk environment, applicable standards and frameworks and how it relates to business or an organisation.
Learners that successfully complete the qualification will have the foundational knowledge required to:
- Implement risk frameworks and the Risk Management Plan, under the Organisational Risk Officer’s guidance; and
- Ensure that risk management is embedded within an organisation.
- National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate, with an endorsement for diploma studies or
- National Certificate (Vocational) at NQF Level 4 or
- Accredited providers and approved workplaces may recognise prior learning against the relevant access requirements should learners not meet the formal entry requirements for admission into the qualification.
The training strategy that will apply to this programme will be a combination of the following:
- At Felix Risk Training Consultants or employer’s offices, combined with self-study to address the knowledge and practical skills components of the curriculum and
- A structured work experience programme in the workplace to address the work experience component of the curriculum.
Felix Risk Training Consultants will conduct internal assessments by means of assessment activities and signed-off work experience log sheets.
External Integrated Summative Assessment (EISA)
FRTC will issue a Statement of Results to learners that have successfully completed the Knowledge, Practical and Work Experience components, in order to register for the EISA.
Learners that successfully complete the qualification and pass the EISA will be awarded the qualification by the QCTO and the Certified Risk Practitioner designation from the Institute of Risk Management South Africa.
The following modules & outcomes form part of this qualification:
|Practical Skills Module
|Work Experience Module
|Module 1: Introduction to Risk Management (5 credits)||Implement the framework for managing risk (5 credits)||Contribute to the implementation of the risk management framework for managing risk in the business unit (15 credits)|
|Module 2: Risk Management Framework: Strategy and Policy (5 credits)||Create and Sustain Risk Management Partnerships (5 credits)||Create and Sustain Risk Management Partnerships (10 credits)|
|Module 3: Risk Management Framework: Processes (10 credits)||Establish the Internal and External Risk Context (3 credits)||Establish the Internal and External Risk Context (10 credits)|
|Module 4: Risk Management Enablers (8 credits)||Assessment of Risk (8 credits)||Assessment of risk (16 credits)|
|Module 5:||Preparing and Facilitating Risk Treatment Plans for a Business Unit (2 credits)||Prepare and Facilitate Risk Treatment Plans for a Business Unit (8 credits)|
|Module 6:||Monitor, Review and Improve Risk Management Activities and Processes (5 credits)||Monitor, Review and Improve Risk Management Activities and Processes (10 credits)|